Hello my lovelies! Well it's Sunday night again and I had another wonderful and well earned day of rest. I had another good week here and as usual it went by very fast.
This week was tough to say goodbye to more friends leaving. :( You really do bond with the fellow guests here. We all have different bodies and different abilities, but we're all eating the same food, doing the same classes and we're all definitely working as hard as we can to make positive changes in our lives. We laugh together, cry together and sweat together. So many of us (like me) come here on our own, I was so relieved to see the camaraderie that is Fitness Ridge. I have definitely made some amazing friends here that I will never forget.... and I still have 3 weeks to go! ;)
I will post my hiking pictures in a day or so... I AM going to bed @ 10pm tonight so I can make the 6am Pilates class tomorrow. (are you happy Peggy? Haha!)
Oh and I can't forget my weekly weigh in. (I can't believe I forgot that last week!)
Last Sunday (end of my 4th week) I lost 4 more lbs for a total of 22.
This morning I weighed in and lost 6 more lbs for a total of 28!
I am beyond happy!! I was hoping for 5lbs/week and right now I am just ahead of that goal so I am thrilled! It's so very nice to actually see hard work = results.
I think one of the big lessons I learned this week is that I have already achieved my goal of being able to do so much MORE than when I got here. My endurance for cardio is just night and day from the day I arrived here. I was really hoping I would be going home with some new skills and I can already say that I am there. Of course I have more time to do even more, but if I had to leave yesterday I already know that I'm good! For example, my endurance for the elliptical was terrible (5 mins people... and I have a funny story about this for another day) and now I can do a whole hour and feel pretty good doing it! It occurred to me this week that this alone will be a huge help to me when I return to the real world. ;)
Hope everyone at home had a nice Halloween! It was just another day here (which was good) because every time my mind wandered home I would think about missing Halloween with my family. I know it's probably good that I'm missing the candy (OK it's definitely good) but it's hard to miss the pumpkin carving and all the other fun stuff. Jeff was great about sending me pictures and I hope it's the last holiday that I'll have to miss.
No comments:
Post a Comment