Hello my lovelies! Just a quick note to wrap up the week and then I am off to bed. Week 6 was good. I was feeling great up until Thursday and then I hit a bit of wall with my energy. I still attended all of my classes and did the best I could until Friday night when my stomach didn’t feel so great. Saturday I had plans to get some extra triathlon training in but I felt so lousy that I ended up just resting the whole day. I know that I needed it so I don’t feel guilty.
I also altered my hiking plan a bit as well. Stop Sign has just been killing my knees to the point where after doing Stop Sign I was incapacitated and left with no options but the pool one afternoon. So I decided this week that as much as I love Stop Sign (and I secretly do love the beast!) that I wouldn’t do it this week and see what happened. I also decided to only hike Mon/Wed/Fri after Monday’s hike made my knees achey. I think it worked. My knees have been great the rest of the week and I really enjoyed my Wed & Friday hikes. So hopefully everything is recouped and I am good to go for a full week #7! ;)
The triathlon is coming up in 6 days now! I am mostly excited and only a little nervous. I really feel ready and I KNOW I am capable of finishing... so I just want to get it done now. ;) I’m looking forward to getting in more laps this week and at least 2 more 10 mile bike rides as well. I’m not doing any special training for the walking part since we walk 4-7 miles every morning on the hikes.
Quick update on results too. I lost 4 more pounds this week for a new total of 32 lbs lost. Again I am happy with that!! My goal is 40 lbs in 8 weeks so with 2 more weeks to go I am sure I can make that goal a reality! ;)
Hard to believe that another week is over and done with! Even harder to believe is that I only have 2 more to go! Holy crap!!! More good friends left today and I am starting to think more and more about going home. Right now I’m excited to use my new tools when I go home, but I also know that rest of my life is waiting for me too.... that’s a mixed bag of stuff... good and bad. I’m also getting more and more homesick lately for Jeff and the kids. ;(
14 more days! I know I can do it!!
Hiking pics to come soon. You won’t believe the mountains I’ve been climbing lately. I thought I was done surprising myself but nope... still managed to surprise myself on Friday!! Love it!!
Here's a sneak peek....JPG)
I also altered my hiking plan a bit as well. Stop Sign has just been killing my knees to the point where after doing Stop Sign I was incapacitated and left with no options but the pool one afternoon. So I decided this week that as much as I love Stop Sign (and I secretly do love the beast!) that I wouldn’t do it this week and see what happened. I also decided to only hike Mon/Wed/Fri after Monday’s hike made my knees achey. I think it worked. My knees have been great the rest of the week and I really enjoyed my Wed & Friday hikes. So hopefully everything is recouped and I am good to go for a full week #7! ;)
The triathlon is coming up in 6 days now! I am mostly excited and only a little nervous. I really feel ready and I KNOW I am capable of finishing... so I just want to get it done now. ;) I’m looking forward to getting in more laps this week and at least 2 more 10 mile bike rides as well. I’m not doing any special training for the walking part since we walk 4-7 miles every morning on the hikes.
Quick update on results too. I lost 4 more pounds this week for a new total of 32 lbs lost. Again I am happy with that!! My goal is 40 lbs in 8 weeks so with 2 more weeks to go I am sure I can make that goal a reality! ;)
Hard to believe that another week is over and done with! Even harder to believe is that I only have 2 more to go! Holy crap!!! More good friends left today and I am starting to think more and more about going home. Right now I’m excited to use my new tools when I go home, but I also know that rest of my life is waiting for me too.... that’s a mixed bag of stuff... good and bad. I’m also getting more and more homesick lately for Jeff and the kids. ;(
14 more days! I know I can do it!!
Hiking pics to come soon. You won’t believe the mountains I’ve been climbing lately. I thought I was done surprising myself but nope... still managed to surprise myself on Friday!! Love it!!
Here's a sneak peek...
Life really is an adventure that needs to be lived! ;)
Great job Melissa. It is good that you know when to let your body rest. Hope your training goes well this week. Can't wait to hear about the triathalon.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
love your posts and your photos! we are all rooting for you and can't wait to see you!! hugs from Olga
ReplyDelete