Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 7 Complete!!

Another great week has flown by here at FR.... and the cherry on top is I finished my first Triathlon yesterday!  I'll write all about the Tri and all the awesome support I received from everyone in a day or two... and I'll post some pics too.  :)  And of course I'll post my Week 7 hiking pics in a day or two as well.

It's hard to believe my time here is almost done.  I can't say enough about the amazing staff and the camaraderie of the guests.  I have been missing my life (Jeff, my kids, my friends, my work) so I am excited to go home, but I will also really miss it here - as well as the friends I've made. 

This week I had a small injury - I pulled a tendon in my right foot.  At home if I was injured I would take time off from the gym (and probably spend more time on the couch) because you can't exercise when you're injured right?

WRONG!  One of the amazing lessons you learn here is how to modify your workouts to accommodate your injury.  So I modified and life went on.  Sounds overly simple, but that's really what it boils down to.  It's another valuable skill to take home.  Injuries will happen, but life needs to go on.  Working out needs to go on. 

This week I'll start to be focusing more on going home strategies.  I'm mostly looking forward to it, but am just a tiny bit freaked out.  Deep breath!!

1 comment: