Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 5 Hiking Pictures

Alrighty - trying to get up to date with my hiking pictures....

Let's go back to Week 5 (which feels like a lifetime in Fitness Ridge time!)  ;)

Monday I did a hike called Temple Quarry.  It wasn't too difficult or too interesting, but it RAINED and RAINED and RAINED!  We got totally and completely soaked just as we had turned around to start back to the van.  It was just miserable to walk back the van all cold and wet and muddy.



The view across the valley - see the dark clouds coming in?

St George Airport

Concerning to see cars laying around at the bottom of the valley


Close up of the cars

Tuesday I did Third Ravine again.  This time I got a better picture of Elephant Rock and we also had time to go to a cool cave as well.
Going UP

Elephant Rock

Cool Cave with a Skylight


Thursday I did Stop Sign again (for the 5th time!)  This time I didn't get any time off my time.  It was very cold and my lungs were just not happy.  I really didn't want to finish but I did.  I think the old me would have just said screw it.... it's too cold and my lungs hurt... but I pushed through and got to the top.  ;)

Number 5 Baby!!!

Darci and I at the top!  ;)  We rock!!!
This may be the last time that I do the Stop Sign hike.  It has started to cause some knee problems (as in the last 2 times I did SS my knees were killing!!)  I ended up having to take Friday off of hiking because of how bad my knees were after this hike.   It makes me sad in a way since I secretly love Stop Sign.  It's a beast and I love the challenge.  BUT, I am very very proud that I did the whole thing FIVE times and that I took 30 minutes off my time from Week 1 to Week 5.  ;)  Ultimately I need to think long term and injury free is more important than anything else.




 

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, you are looking fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, that was me.......Darlene:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Darlene! I'm a work in progress... and am finally making some progress! ;)

    ReplyDelete