Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Triathalon Update

Only 4 days to go until my very first Triathlon!  I felt ready 2 weeks ago and I still feel ready today.  It's a great feeling to KNOW that I am ready and KNOW that I will and can do this.  I can totally see how this kind of thing can become a full blown hobby and/or an addiction.  Maybe this is a turning point for me to become really into something this physical?

Every week I've been making a point of swimming extra laps and going for 10 mile bike rides.  This morning I went with 2 other friends over to the Triathlon pool and did my laps there.  The pool is slightly larger than the pool here at Fitness Ridge, but really not by much.  I got my 16 laps done in 15 minutes which is my best time yet.  But most of all I conqured the last mental hurdle in my mind... getting in and out of the pool with no ladder!  There are about 10 lanes at the pool and only 2 have ladders... so chances are I won't get a lane with a ladder.  It wasn't graceful or elegant, but I did it!  ;)


I also bought a gel seat for the bike so that the ride will be a little more comfortable.  So now I have my own helmet, biking gloves and gel seat!  When I get home I'll just need a bike!  ;)

Oh and I also practiced my locker room transition and was out and dressed in less than 10 mins.  I decided last week to not do the 'real' transition outside with the 'athletes'.  Instead I am going to go into the locker room and change out of my bathing suit and into DRY clothes!  10 mins is totally acceptable to me in exchange for comfy dry clothes.  ;)

Wish me luck!!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. wow that is great Melissa. So looking forward to hearing all about it:)

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete