Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 3 Complete!!

Yipee!  Another week down!  I am feeling stronger every week and am ready for Week 4 to get started! 

I was a bit more tired this week.... but more in a sleepy way.  The first 2 weeks I was so tired every night I was asleep before 10pm every night (and for those that know me and what a night owl I am that is just hilarious I know!)  This week I became a bit more adjusted and couldn’t fall asleep until closer to 11pm. 
Anyway it’s 10pm already and I don’t know where my Sunday has gone.  Here’s a quick summary of my week and I will try tomorrow to post some pics of the new hikes I went on.

My main goal this week was to move up a hiking group and try some more adventurous hikes.  On Monday there is an “evaluation hike” and I was happy that the guides agreed that I could move up a group, so I did get to go on some new hikes that were definitely a notch up in the crazy climbing rocks & mountain scale!  ;)

On Tuesday our group did Stop Sign – and I have to admit I was a little concerned that it was so early in the week (and only 3 days since I last did it!)  But it turned out OK and I took another 5 mins off my last time!  Again I was shocked!!   Each time I climb that mountain it’s TOUGH and I can never tell if my pace is improved or what.

Skip to Saturday... I love Saturday’s here.  We hike in the morning as usual, but we get to pick our hike, then it’s usually stretch or pool, then lunch, then NAP TIME!   We have 3 hours off and it’s the perfect nap time slot.  ;)  After Saturday dinner we get to watch the weekly video & hiking pictures, which is always good for a few laughs.  Then our social activity for the week was bowling.  It was nice to get off the compound for a few hours.  ;)  I even accidentally won the first game... then quickly resumed my normal sucky bowling for game 2 (right Kat?) 

Then Sundays are bittersweet.  In the morning I get up early to go check my weight before breakfast.  I even wear the same outfit so it’s the same for each week)  And then the rest of the morning it’s all goodbyes to all of the people leaving that week.  It’s sad to see people go when you’ve been through so much together.  Once all the sad goodbyes are done I have the rest of the day to myself.  Lots of stayover guests like to leave the property compound to see movies or explore the area, but I really feel the need to do nothing.  I catch up with Jeff and the kids (today it was about 90 mins on Skype), upload pictures, eat lunch by the pool, fold a bit of laundry, catch up on TV via my laptop and try to get some crochet time in as well.   So it’s not really nothing, but I do think it’s important to lay low on our only day off.  On Monday I feel ready for the week!

My pillow is calling to me...but here is the good news from this morning.  I’m down another 5 lbs this week!  That makes 18 lbs in 3 weeks!  I’m just thrilled!!  I want to say I’m shocked, but my bodybugg software told me it would be 5 lbs.  I’m very VERY happy to see a correlation between the data and the scale.   It gives me hope for going home that this really is just about numbers.

Next Sunday will be the half way point for me and they will officially check my measurements and body fat progress as well.  Oddly I am looking forward to it.
 

Stay tuned for more hiking pics!  Miss you all at home!
Remember to keep fighting for yourself!!

PS - There is a former Biggest Loser contestant here for 2 weeks and she had some interesting things to say about the show... more on that later.

PPS - Oh and this Tuesday the Biggest Loser will finally be showing the story of the 5 contestants that didn't make it on the show.  I have it on good authority that they were here at FR for several weeks and one of them will be earning their way onto the ranch.  I can't wait to see how much of FR they'll show. 

4 comments:

  1. So proud of you Melissa! You are working so hard...you sound amazing!!! Can't wait to hear more about the Biggest loser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol can't wait to hear the BL gossip!
    The hiking sounds amazing - are you going to keep it up when you get home. I know there are some burly area and hamilton area escartment area hiking groups???

    Maybe start your own hike n' knit.

    Nap time - OMG you get NAP TIME! I love it.

    Miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I keep saying this but I am so proud of you not only because of your weight loss but because of your dedication to positive life changes. I cant wait to see you and give you a hug. Im up for hike and knit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thrilled for you and you should be so proud of yourself. This is hard work, you earned that loss!!!

    Hugs and hugs and hugs..and I miss you. Can't wait for you to come home so we can catch up..hiking at Mount Nemo?

    ReplyDelete