I’m behind on posting for pics... so here are a few of my room AKA my temporary home for 2 months. It’s very comfortable and has everything that I need. I was momentarily confused upon arriving since there were 2 beds in the room and I booked a “private” room, but then I found out that all of the rooms have 2 beds (and 2 closets and 4 sets of towels) but when you book private it just means that you have it all to yourself. (I was picturing a smaller room with one bed I guess) This week I’ll have to remember to take some pics of the property.
I didn’t take a lot of pictures of the food either except for this one... it’s a turkey sandwich with a side salad. Very exciting I know! ;) (I don't know why blogger is putting the pic sideways but I am too tired to fight with it)
I did take pics almost every day of the menu board that’s in the dining room. It tells us what we’ll be eating for the day as well as the calorie count. It’s never exactly 1200 calories but they tell us it will average out to 1200/day. I have to say that I am shocked that I am not hungry in between meals. SHOCKED. I know all the other bloggers all said that the food was filling, but it was still nice to discover that for myself.
The way the meals work is this – for breakfast we get a small plate (1 cup) of mixed fruit and a breakfast item. Usually it involves eggs but not always. If you don’t want what’s for breakfast you can request either (A) just plain scrambled eggs or (B) low-fat granola cereal with almond milk. Twice this week I tried the granola and I dumped my fruit in with the milk and it made for a very nice big bowl of crunchiness. For lunch we seem to always get soup & a lunch dish... which usually seems to be a sandwich or wrap with a small salad. For dinner we always get a main dish and a small desert... just enough of a taste of sweet to make us happy. ;)
The way the meals work is this – for breakfast we get a small plate (1 cup) of mixed fruit and a breakfast item. Usually it involves eggs but not always. If you don’t want what’s for breakfast you can request either (A) just plain scrambled eggs or (B) low-fat granola cereal with almond milk. Twice this week I tried the granola and I dumped my fruit in with the milk and it made for a very nice big bowl of crunchiness. For lunch we seem to always get soup & a lunch dish... which usually seems to be a sandwich or wrap with a small salad. For dinner we always get a main dish and a small desert... just enough of a taste of sweet to make us happy. ;)
Personally I have really been enjoying the food here. First off I really am appreciative of anyone else cooking, serving and cleaning! I'm seriously in heaven. It makes it so much easier just to focus on the workouts. I am definitely going to buy Chef Cameron's cook books to get all of the recipes. I am inspired to do a lot better with our healthy eating at home.
There’s also a salad bar that you can help yourself to at any meal time. Only once did I feel like I really needed a salad on top of what they gave us, and once I opted for a salad instead of the soup. There’s also a selection of fruit there all day long (apples, oranges & bananas) and one piece of fruit is included in the 1200 calories per day. Most people seem to take it in the morning and throw it in their hiking pack. I usually grab a banana and most days I eat it on the van ride home from the hike. Best bananas ever!! Funny how that works. ;)
Hiking pics to come tomorrow and I also want to write about the awesome cardio classes too. Miss eveyrone at home!!
Hiking pics to come tomorrow and I also want to write about the awesome cardio classes too. Miss eveyrone at home!!
Miss you too mel!! Glad to hear you're having fun... minus the double blister -owie!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL - 2 beds eh... do you only use the one or do you switch??? -c'mon it's the question on everybodys mind LOL
Jean aka jeaniex... aka the person that thinks your real name is michelle!!!
1200 calories a day with all hte working out you're doing! You must have a huge calorie deficit each day...are you still wearing the Body Bugg?
ReplyDelete