Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still here and still kicking!

Hello my lovelies!  Just a quick note to say hello.  I'm in the middle of writing a longer post about what I learned last week, but my bed is calling.  I know, I am a shoe in for the "Most Exciting Blog of the Year Award." 

Before I forget, I think I’ve fixed the comments problem so anyone should be able to comment now.  I’ve also come to terms that I probably won’t be blogging every day (sorry Enz!)  Free time is just so sparse around here.  During the day there may be 10 – 15 minutes here or there but that’s about it.  If I manage to get to the optional 6am class then I can sneak in a 1 hr nap after lunch (that’s only because I don’t have to do the newbie after lunch lectures anymore)

Here's a brief summary of Week 2 so far...  My blister from hell is all healed... plus I bought some gel inserts for my hiking shoes and I am a new woman!  Not only did I have no pain at all on my morning hike, but I was able to go much further than I did last week.  We are hiking somewhere new tomorrow and then Saturday I plan to do Stop Sign again.  Crazy, but I am really wanting to do it again to see if I can beat my time (and I want my rocks dammit!)

I missed 2 hikes this week due to my blister, but it was necessary to heal up properly.  I am thinking long term about the 6 weeks I have left to go.  Unfortunately the weather also turned rainy and icky this week too (just temporary they assure us) so the pool classes were all cancelled for 2 days as well.  So 2 days with no hikes AND no pool = a loooong day in the gym.  I was in there from 8am - 12pm and then 2:30 - 5:30pm.  I was getting a little bit of cabin fever (or compound fever as we call it here)  But I can now hike again and the pool classes are back on.  Life has returned to normal here.

In general I am feeling stronger and am definitely noticing an increase in my stamina... so it's been a good week.  The time is just flying by and I really hope all of the weeks do.  ;)  Be back tomorrow with a longer post.  Night night!!

3 comments:

  1. You are sounding happier and I am pleased for you. It sounds like it is a huge adjustment and you have passed the hump!. Good for you!. I go to Malibu in Nov for 2 months so am watching you closely. I am sending as many positive thoughts as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sat down and read all your posts......the first time I have had to relax in about 3 weeks! Anyway....it sounds like you are having an awesome time. You make it all sound so easy! I need an update on your progress?? Is all the exercise and healthy eating working. You look great in the photos!!!! You make me want to head out for a hike.....maybe tomorrow to see the fall colours! Keep posting, I love reading about it all! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading all of the posts and even have you bookmarked on my phone. Sounds incredible (except for the blisters). Keep up all of the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete