It's Thursday and I'm still alive! ;) I promised myself that I would stop apologizing for the quick posts, but I am off to bed in 5 mins.
Tomorrow is the last full day and our hiking group is doing "Stop Sign" so I really want to be rested and ready to kick some butt. Everyone says that on Thursday you feel better and it's true. I was tired at some points today, but I also did a few things today that were just so amazing. In only a few days I am amazing myself. ;)
One tidbit for today was I found a gunshell casing (Smith & Wesson) on our hike. We really are out in the wild wild west people (plus it takes very little to amuse me some days) AND we saw some super cool petroglyphs, which are ancient 1000+ year old carvings into the rocks by Native Indians. No tarantulas today which is fine by me! ;)
It's also getting a little sad around here as the guests departing on Sunday are starting to make their plans for departure. I'm sad that my friends Nancy, Linda & Diane are leaving. They're 3 sisters who came here to FR to take this all on together. They've been great company and we've shared a lot of laughs. We literally arrived at the front door together on the same shuttle here from Vegas and they saved me a spot at the dinner that first night here, which was so nice when you don't know a soul. I'll have to snap a picture of them tomorrow. ;) My friend Violet is staying on one more week... so at least it's not all goodbyes on Sunday.
Lish - my favorite by far has to be the chocolate covered strawberries (every Tuesday!!!) They were fantastic!! But honestly, everything they've served has really been great and I cannot believe I am not hungry between meals. Miraculous I tell you!!
I promise to post a big looooong detailed post on the weekend at some point with lots of pics and details.
Nite nite!
You sound so full of energy :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Enz...you sound so positive and well quite frankly it is quite contagious! Yummy Chocolate covered Strawberries! I might need to make some of those...I know Lindsay and Catherine loved them too!!! Good luck on the stop sign route!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya girl
ReplyDeleteHey babe! You've been doing AWESOME and congrats on your completing your toughest hike ever this morning! You rock!
ReplyDeleteMe and the kids are doing fine. Don't worry about us! If I can survive taking them for a haircut, physio, dinner and parent-teacher night plus homework all in one night everything else is a synch!
Love ya, and talk to you on Skype again with the kids this weekend!
Yes, the chocolate covered strawberries were one of my favourites as well when I was there. Keep up the great work.....you will get stronger and stronger every day and will accomplish so many things you didn't think were possible. Wish I was still there. Tell Tiffany that Lindsay & Catherine are getting ready to run their marathon this upcoming weekend. She was so wonderful getting us through our long runs while we were there. I look forward to following your journey at FR.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job, Mel! Miss you lots. I'm so jealous, so I'm living vicariously through you. You're doing awesome. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteHey Lindsay! I ran into Tiffany last night and passed on your message - she said she's cheering for you both! Good luck to you guys!!!
ReplyDelete