Hello everyone! Thanks again for all of the comments... keep them coming! I love reading them when I wake up in the morning. It's 10pm and I am of course about to fall asleep. Tonight I took the shuttle to Target to get some essentials so I'm glad that's done.
Yesterday was known as "Tearful Tuesdays" but I made it through with no tears... but today was a different story. We are driven out to the various hikes and everyday we pass by an elementary school right as all the kids are walking to school. I tried not to look, but I caught site of three little kids with giant backpacks all holding hands walking down the sidewalk. I just lost it. It's so silly because I know why I am here and that I am lucky to be here. Maybe because I Skyped with Jeff and the kids this morning before my 6am class? I don't know but I can't be crying on the way to the hike every morning either. Hopefully it won't be so raw tomorrow.... because I had another break down in class today too. More on that later.
Shelley - to answer your question I am loving everything here. I love the challenge but at the same time I love how easy it is just to go from class to class and then show up in the dining room and get to be served a meal (that's fresh & nutritious & yummy). It's the perfect bubble to live in. Going home will be a bigger challenge I think. You keep going too! Work it girl!!!! ;)
Enza - thanks for the link! Take care of yourself, make a new plan and just take one step at a time. Just put one foot in front of the other... that's the motto here. Somedays it's hard to just get to the starting line, but I know you can do it!I am off to sleep... I'm doubtful that I'll be able to write anything of substance until Saturday when we have some time off. Until then I'll keep posting little blurbs. Nighty nighty my peeps! ;)
PS - Today I did a kick boxing class for the 1st time ever... and we saw a tarantula on our hike too... pics to come later in the week!
You are doing so great Melissa and it is so normal to miss Jeff and the Kids! I know that they are all so proud of you...Love that you did Kick Boxing for the first time! Tarantula!!!! CRAZY!!! What has been your favourite food so far?!?!?
ReplyDeletesounds like you are doing great Melissa. And when you think of your children, think about how much better you will be with them, you'll be able to keep up with them and introduce them to a healthy lifestyle, this is the best gift you can give your children!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work!
Jeff and kidlets are 1000% fine...and you will be too.
ReplyDelete