I got up early this morning to get ready, order breakfast and pack my bags. And yes I am taking the little tiny hotel shampoo with me (just in case! LOL!) People of Utah need to be warned that I am without all of my hair care products. ;)
It was so odd waking up alone and with no little voices wafting about. I miss my family already, but I think once I get to FR and am occupied with their busy schedule, it won't be on my mind so much and I’ll just be doing my thing.
So here are my thoughts going into this crazy adventure... in no particular order:
- I am super excited to be on this adventure! I’m looking forward to what I will discover about myself and will enjoy opening up to new possibilities. I’ve been saying it’s a new chapter... but really I think I’m starting a whole new book.
- I know that I need to start putting myself first. I need to take care of myself so that I can live a long happy & healthy life and be there for Jeff and the kids for many many years. My brain knows this. But what I don’t know is how to reconcile that with being a wife & mother. I don’t know how to put myself first and still be the mom I want to be to my kids. I hope I can figure that out.
- I hope I prepared enough for the hard work that’s ahead of me. I worked hard this year with weight training and eating clean (this all deserves it’s own post another day)... but I lost a bit of steam the past month as the kids school and my trip prep took over September. I don’t think I got enough cardio in this summer either. But I don’t know if you can truly prepare for what I am about to do... time will tell right?
- I am amazed and delightfully surprised by all the supportive comments and email I’m getting from everyone. I’m a very private person, so my first reaction was to tell as few people as necessary about this trip. But then I realized it’s not possible to put your life on hold for 2 months and not have an explanation for where you’re going and why. Then I decided what the hell... I am going to tell everyone! (well just about everyone... more on that later too) And the most amazing thing happened. Support starting flowing my way. I can’t tell you how touched I am by all of the lovely comments and emails from everyone. I was really doubtful about starting a blog, but I realize now that going public with my goals and sharing what I am working on is going to be a big help to me. So thanks everyone for all of the kind words! You are all appreciated!! J
Time to hit the road! Look out Utah!
No comments:
Post a Comment